Friday, March 15, 2013

Our Lady's Catholic Primary School, Wangaratta 1959

I posted this on face book so I thought I'd post it here. It's a photo of me at Our Lady's Catholic Primary School in Wangaratta, 1959. I'm the one holding the sign saying Welcome Bishop Stewart. I lived with my grandmother and two of my siblings at 101 Burke Street and would periodically play at the creek rather than go to school. I was often strapped by the Nuns for doing so. I learnt to fear the black, leather strap that hung from their habit. Strangely enough that year I came second top of the class and was presented with the book Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. I have only three photos of me as a child that's why they are so special.

Group photo outside Our Lady's Wangaratta: Photographer Unknown, 1959

No comments:

Post a Comment