Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fever



Those of you who don’t have allergies will not understand how debilitating it can be suffering from a sudden bout of hay fever. I had one such attack, beginning with a continual sniffle on Cup Day and then full on nose drip and cough for most of yesterday.  The doctor on call who attended me at home last night said that my throat was swollen; I could have told her that because apart from the symptoms already mentioned, I also had the throat from hell, a hot face and really, I thought that I was suffering from a bad cold. Not so. Apparently the pollen index shows that in Melbourne over the past few days there has been a moderate pollen count and will be high for the next few days. For those of you interested the Asthma Foundation of Victoria provides information about the pollen count for Melbourne on their website.
What I did want to say was that I thought Australia got it right! Benjamin Norris, a gay man with loads of personality won Big Brother 2012 and it was lovely to see a same sex couple (his partner came on stage to congratulate him) celebrating their love - Benjamin even made a marriage proposal on air. What a great day for gay politics! Barack Obama is still the President of the United States and I’ve found much relief from an anti-histamine and a really long sleep last night. So, I guess, all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment