Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Spring, continued...

We've had some beautiful Spring weather for the past two days, however, Melbournians have had to cope with blustery winds all day and in my neck of the woods the wind was 50kph with wind gusts of 65kph. At one stage this morning I had to hold onto a fence to keep my balance. Not long ago the wind subsided a little, the temperature dropped and it rained. After the sun came out (you've got to love Melbourne weather!) I took this photo of the Magnolia growing in my garden. It's glorious!
Biggest shock of the day was hearing Gina Reinhart's statement on TV that Australians need to work harder to compete with Africans who work for $2.00 per day. It's disgusting that people can be so oppressed and exploited that they are willing to accept such a meager amount for their labor. After hearing that I just had to inject some beauty into the blog, because the world appears to be getting uglier and uglier.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment