Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday

I began another painting on Tuesday, but didn't paint at all yesterday because Moira Corby (artist, mother) came to my place for lunch. It was a lovely relaxing day with food, wine and good conversation. It was encouraging to get some direct feedback about my latest paintings from Moira, who has a great eye for detail and I'm inspired now to continue painting with nothing in mind, except to respond to the painting in progress. I have nothing insightful to say on this not so cold morning in a world full of chaos, except that the sky is the color of cornflower blue and the clouds spread across it in broad brush strokes. Through my kitchen window the proud faces of pink Camellias stare back at me through the pane and I can see several species of birds pecking at the ground, looking for breakfast. Some where in the distant silence I can hear machinery and soft bird calls. The pattern of life continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment