Thursday, March 3, 2011

The sun is up...

I'm really looking to seeing everyone tonight at the opening of my installation The Body and the City. Of course it wouldn't have happened at all without the kind support of the School of Culture and Communication and the assistance of Rosanna Verde, events and exhibitions coordinator from the Melbourne School of Design, Faculty of Architecture who offered me the Atrium Annex space and who has assisted in so many ways. My lovely son undertook the sound design and Steve Middleton resized the images to 16:9 aspect ratio. Mark B. Harris from ABC IT worked with me to bring the 52 photos, poetic text and sound into I Movie and burnt the two DVD's. James has been testing the projectors and loading the files, which will loop for  the duration until 25 March.  Shaun has selected and purchased the red and white wines for the opening.  I imagine everyone will enjoy Francesco Vitelli's catalogue essay, 'The Body, the City and Other Ornaments' written especially to compliment the installation. Somewhere here I should thank the people of Melbourne who are the focus of the work.
I'm already working on my next small installation of digital images, which will be held in the Graduate Centre Print Room Gallery at the University of Melbourne sometime in April. It will be more conceptual and hopefully more provocative. Before tonight I'm going to try and have a quiet day, perhaps I'll finish reading Romeo and Juliet and have a long hot bath. The mind is a strange well, I keep hearing somewhere in that deep crevice the Doug Parkinson rendition of the Lennon/McCartney song Dear Prudence (1969) - The sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful and so are you...

No comments:

Post a Comment