Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So much for that experiment

Since much of this blog is about what is human, on Saturday 4 December I tried an experiment of sorts. I was attempting to discover whether having 'unmoderated comments' would draw out the best or worst from people, but discovered there is a real nasty side to human nature. It took no time at all for individual(s), hiding behind the 'anonymous' tag to begin directing personal comments about my character and making assumptions about me as a person. They don't know me otherwise they would not make such statements or form incorrect or inconclusive conclusions. I must say that I did not actually believe everything said on the Internet about the viciousness of people, who obviously have little else to do than trawl through blog posts and attack those spending time sharing information with friends and interested others. But it's true. I have now changed my settings back to allowing only 'moderated comments'. I'm sure that if these inept, vindictive, jealous people can't see what they have written on my page then they will surely lose interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment