Friday, August 20, 2010

One foot in front of the other

Done! Furniture removalist booked, utility companies contacted and I now have a new telephone number (private of course, so I won't be annoyed by unsolicited callers asking for money or conducting surveys). I bought sugar soap, more wipers and some large plastic bags and as a little treat for myself, some banana cake from Threshermans Bakehouse. Things are beginning to feel more organised. Now what I need is about 20 sturdy boxes for all my books. I keep trying to think of positive things, like ~ it's much better to move in colder rather than hotter weather and all my things are going to look quite different in a new place. I wouldn't wish a move on anyone. You really have to be quite fit and mentally stable and, not being either of those things has meant that I've had to draw upon inner strength to keep going. But, I guess that's all any of us can really do, take baby steps, each thing in its own time, one foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment