Saturday, September 29, 2018

A little bit of academic news

This blog is in its ten year and although I've slowed down with my entries over the past year or so to concentrate more fully on drawing I will attempt to continue making blog posts. Selfie above was taken last week as visual record of myself at the beginning of the remainder of the decade in which I began (in August 2009) by considering what is human.

I'm happy to report that Google Scholar from time to time alerts me of any piece of writing - book or article that cites one of my published articles. In the following instance they advised that my 2008 article Doubly Monstrous? Female and Disabled, published by Humboldt University in their Essays in Philosophy, has had 3828 downloads and has been cited in Ashley Crawford's new book: Religious Imaging in Millenialist America, however it has also been cited in ten other books.

My own book: The Paradox of the Posthuman in Science Fiction/Techno-horror Films and Visual Media, VDM Verlag, Germany, 2009 has been cited by seven writers in their books.
I'm pleased that my scholarship continues to be an influence in Australia and Internationally even though I don't work in an academic environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment