Thursday, April 7, 2016

The past week

I saw 200 Years of Australian Fashion at the NGV Federation Square last week and couldn't believe that an Alannah Hill dress I wore circa 1997 was one of the dresses displayed. It was sheer with a raised flocking design. The exhibition is extensive and worth the entry fee. Afterwards I saw Susan Norrie: Fieldwork an exhibition of large screen videos at The Ian Potter Museum of Art at Melbourne Uni,  and stayed for a while to hear her talk. My preference was the misty landscapes in the right hand gallery space on the ground floor. My afternoon was complete when I ran into and had a good long talk with Francesco Vitalli, who I hadn't seen for ages.
I've spent most of the week writing and editing my novel. As I said, I currently have a love/hate relationship with it and I'm doing my usual walking, sweeping, cleaning, washing and gym work.
I'm presently at the Richmond Library, but I'm heading off to see an exhibition at Margaret Lawrence Gallery and to hear Peter Tindall and Fiona McDonald talk at VCA about their work.
The sun's out, I've booked in to have my yearly flu vaccine next Friday. More reportage sometime next week. Until then, happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment