Monday, January 11, 2016

Lady Gaga, The Force Awakens and Deep Gold.

I just wanted to share with you a photograph I took last week of the beautiful Victorian gardens that surround the Exhibition Building in Melbourne and one I took of Australia's largest living stick insect - daughter of Lady Gaga-ntuan at the Melbourne Museum.

Gardens and fountain, Exhibition Gardens, Melbourne. Photo: Julie Clarke (c) 2016.

Large stick insect hanging upside down. Photo: Julie Clarke (c) 2016

Stick insect. Photo: Julie Clarke (c) 2016 
More information about these spindly, beautiful creatures is available if you click on this.
Also, if you haven't yet seen MANIFESTO by Berlin artist Julian Rosefeldt at ACMI you must go and see it it's wonderful, especially his short film DEEP GOLD - I spent ages there yesterday. If you can't get to ACMI check out the short film by clicking on this. Lastly, I saw STARS WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS and I loved it. More emphasis on human emotions than previous films,  amazing lazer combat and dark, intense moments, combined with great CGI. What's not to like? I'm going to see CAROL next Monday - Cate Blanchett is certainly the flavor of the moment and incredibly talented. Until then, I've finished reading CIVILIZATION by Kenneth Clark, which I began over Christmas and I'm now reading a Tennessee Williams (1959) play, a Sweet Bird of Youth. I'm also in the process of writing an extended prose piece and have about 2,000 words. Painting will have to wait until I've had my fill of films and literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment