Friday, December 4, 2015

LIGNE - Exhibition by Julie Clarke at Preview International Fabrics, Richmond



Considering the sixteen small, colorful works I have on display until the end of January 2016 at Preview International Fabrics in the Richmond Plaza I settled on the following:

The night sky like treacle creates shards in my mind. Julie Clarke (2015)
If you could write but one line to express a feeling of the city you may feel thoroughly trapped in the intersections and complexity of the architectural abundance that surrounds us. This is how I eventually felt since by using lines I was in fact writing with paint, however, my first intention was to express emotion through line, color and form, which lead me to investigate a minimal aesthetic - a skeletal structure of sorts that eventually gave way to considering the structure of bridges, those that allow us to traverse land and sea and conduits that bind us to memories, much faded now between that which has passed and that which will pass. 

Many thanks to Paul Sparks for allowing me to place the works on his walls. The shop is open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 5pm (closed for the Christmas/New Year period from 18 December, 2015 to the 8 January, 2016) and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm. Drop by if you are in the area. Unframed artworks include acrylic paint on canvas boards and stretched canvas, cut glossy magazine paper on cartridge and Fabriano and cut paper, watercolor, pen and pencil on paper. Prices range from $60 to $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment