Sunday, October 4, 2015

JUDITH WRIGHT installation and AFL Grand Final 2015 at Federation Square

Last Thursday I attended the opening of a group exhibition called Urban Campfires at the Neighborhood Justice Center in Collingwood (next to the Tote). Three of my Prismacolor drawings of Succulents was included along with works by other artists. The exhibition will be on show in various rooms throughout the Justice Center until March 2016. For those interested here are my framed works on the wall. I think they work well against the beautiful green background. If anyone wishes to purchase one they can contact me mid March next year.
AFL Grand Final day I went into the NGV to see Judith Wright's installation called The Journey. It was amazing and inspirational. I just loved her use of masks, fragmented bodily parts gleaned from damaged cast off mannequins and what looked to me like wooden prosthesis, a wheelbarrow and other quaint objects all depicting a most wonderful if what bizarre expedition.
When I walked out from the gallery I became caught up in watching the AFL Grand Final on the big screen at Federation Square. I took photos of people in the crowd and a couple of short videos. I watched the game for 1.5 quarters and then came home because it was way too hot for me in Melbourne's unseasonal heat. Here's a few of the photographs.
Crowd scene Federation Square AFL Grand Final 2015. Photo: Julie Clarke (c)

Crowd scene Federation Square AFL Grand Final 2015. Photo: Julie Clarke (c)

Crowd scene Federation Square AFL Grand Final 2015. Photo: Julie Clarke (c)
This is the short video I took of people who were watching the game on one of the other screens at Federation Square. Of course copyright remains with Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment