Thursday, March 12, 2015

MIRKA MORA

I had the pleasure this morning of walking from Swan to Tanner Street with that petite French/Australian artist Mirka Mora where her recent paintings are on show at William Mora Galleries, 60 Tanner Street, Richmond. I first met Mirka when she ran a doll-making workshop at the Hawthorn Community House in the mid 1980s (of course, I have seen her from a distance during that time). I couldn't believe that this sprite, gorgeous lady, who still throws in a little of the French language amongst English when she speaks, turns 87 years old next week - talk about the epitome of  the phrase I have been using of late - There's life in the old girl yet.  I was absolutely delighted to be in her company and see her recent paintings, which sport her trademark symbols. I wish I had my camera with me, but I didn't. I'm hoping for an opportunity to photograph her in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment