Wednesday, October 1, 2014

FOLD ~ Julie Clarke ~ installation view

I spent nearly two hours this morning measuring the long wall in the Degraves Street Reading Room of the City Library and pinning up ten photo-montages. I wish I could tell you that it was easy, but it wasn't and I wish I could tell you that the images are perfectly level, but they're not, some sustained a little damage around the edges when they fell to the floor ~ certainly an  imperfect job, but I'm pleased that so far the images have generated interest and I've received some wonderful responses from those who have seen them, particularly from Rosemary (librarian/artist) who made me feel really comfortable and welcome, even though it was very cold in the Reading Room.  Here's an installation view. If you are visiting Melbourne or live here maybe you will consider seeing the works they are on show until 30 October.


FOLD
Julie Clarke
Degraves Street Reading Room,
Level 1, CITY LIBRARY,
253 Flinders Lane, Melbourne.  Melways Map 1B N9.
2 ~ 30 OCTOBER 2014
Opening hours: 8am to 8pm Monday to Thursday.
8am to 6pm Friday. 10am to 5pm Saturday. 12pm to 5pm Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment