Sunday, August 18, 2013

Saturday



I had lunch at my son's place yesterday amidst the rolling hills of the beautiful Dandenong Ranges and when I came home at around 5pm I watched an amazing Mexican drama called Amores Perros: Life's a bitch directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, 2000, who also directed 21 grams.
The film is part of a trilogy of death and weaves three separate stories around a car accident, which links different people together if only briefly. Cruelty of humans towards animals and each other, loyalty and disloyalty are the primary themes. An amazing film if you can manage to see it.
Sitting on the wide, wooden balcony at Erin's place yesterday afternoon I could see two Rosella's eating the seed that had been left out for them. I was only able to photograph them through the green, fiberglass screening around the balcony and with a little Photoshop manipulation in which I changed the color balance,  you can now see how beautiful they are as they sit and look at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment