Friday, August 16, 2013

MELBOURNE: LEIGH MATTHEWS TODAY COLLINS PLACE

I went to the Kino Cinema to see Elysium (Neill Blomkamp, 2013) today & I must say I was riveted to the screen, for it was absolutely amazing. I can't speak more highly of it. If you are concerned at all about the 1% then this is a fantastic film in which the richest people in the world have left earth because it is extremely over-crowded and filthy. The wealthy live in an off-planet satellite in which all disease can be cured and undesirable earthlings are discouraged from coming any where near them or killed in the process of trying. The acting is flawless & Matt Damon is brilliant as Max, the hero protagonist. The only monsters are the rich represented by the evil Delacourt  (Jodie Foster) and the renegade Kruger (Sharlto Copley). When I came out from the picture theater I noticed that Leigh Matthews (ex-Hawthorn footballer & coach) was signing his book in the Collins Place forecourt, so I took a few photos. I'm fairly sure that the event was organized by Dymocks.  I think this photograph of him is the best, because he's quite animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment