Sunday, August 25, 2013

MELBOURNE NOW: JOHN NIXON and PETER TYNDALL at the NGV

John Nixon in front of two of his artworks.

This afternoon I went to see Mix Tape 1980: Appropriation, Sub-Culture, Critical Style an amazing exhibition currently being staged at the National Gallery of Victoria, Federation Square, however, I particularly went to hear two icons of the Melbourne Art scene talk about their work. I'd met Peter Tyndall several times before but I'd never met John Nixon, so it was great to finally be able to say hello and hear him talk about his work. Both these artists, whose artwork are in the exhibition kindly allowed me to take some photographs.

I particularly like this photograph because it partly explains what Peter Tyndall was talking about. People looking at his artwork, which is entitled: A person looks at a work of art, someone looks at something.

No comments:

Post a Comment