Tuesday, August 27, 2013

MELBOURNE NOW: EGYPT & SYRIA PROTEST FEDERATION SQUARE 25 AUGUST 2013

I haven't really been feeling very well over the past week or so, but dragged myself into Federation Square, Melbourne on Sunday afternoon to hear the talk given by Peter Tyndall and John Nixon in association with the Mix Tape exhibition at the National Gallery of Vitoria.  When I went outside, I was caught up in the huge protest against the recent atrocities in Egypt and Syria. The speakers delivered some stirring thoughts, the crowd was filled with passion and emotion, the police were standing by. I spent about 40 minutes walking through the crowd to identify those who looked calm amidst the rally cries and concentrated primarily on depicting, young people together, older people and men grouped in one spot. Here are some of the images.



No comments:

Post a Comment