Sunday, November 18, 2012

Middle Brighton Beach 17.11.2012



Yesterday I went to Middle Brighton beach. Took a tram to Prahran, walked to the Greville Street station then took the train to Middle Brighton station. I had a coffee in the beautiful shopping centre then walked down Normanby Road to the beach. The weather was beautiful, warm in the sun and cool in the shade. I was surprised to see ducks floating on the surface of the water and the light green seaweed that appeared to be choking the coastline. I love the contrast of the floating ducks and the myriad of little sailing ships in the background.  I watched over a period of two hours several cargo ships move from left to right across the horizon. I was bemused by a man carrying his boat, which made him look rather like a hybrid boatman. I spent several hours walking along the beach and I even walked for a short while in the dog beach, although my apprehension about all those dogs running around got the better of me, so I just walked along the general part of the beach. I love the sea and imagine that I’ll be doing trips like this as much as possible, but not in the summer because I can't take the glare of the sun on the white sand or the general heat.




No comments:

Post a Comment