Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Swim today...

Not a great deal to blog about today except that I did a forty-five minute swimming/walking water stint at the Richmond Swimming Pool early this afternoon. I signed up for ten passes (with locker), so I'm committed to at least one visit per week for the next nine weeks. I'm unsure when the pool was built but I really love its high ceiling, the long, wide pool (heated to 28 degrees) and the friendliness of its patrons. I shared a lane whilst I was there with five Chinese women who were impressed by my height and the fact that I could stand up in the deep end. I was impressed by one of them who was singing a Chinese song whilst she was showering. I feel quite energized by the swim, especially after all those visits I've done to various beaches around Melbourne on cold days that certainly weren't conducive to going in the water. It was 32 degrees when I left the pool, although it didn't feel like it. It's only 20 degrees in my lounge room, without air conditioning - I feel so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment