Friday, October 26, 2012

Energized...

Even though it was only about 15 degrees when I left home this morning at around 9.15 am, I was determined to go to the beach and see waves crashing against the shore.

I traveled by my usual route - tram to Prahran (I stopped off for a coffee at Prahran Market where Wesley College students were playing some musical pieces), walked to Greville Street to catch the train to Balaclava and then caught a tram to St. Kilda Beach.
As I turned the corner between Luna Park and the Palais Theatre (photo shown) I almost regretted my decision because it was so cold and the wind blowing up the street was fierce. Even so, I managed to walk along the beach and take some photographs of those waves that I had longed to see.

I stayed on the beach for about half an hour, just long enough to realize that I was already too cold, dark clouds were gathering and it was time for me to head home. On the train ride back to Prahran I spoke (again) with Joe, who I had met last time I'd traveled on that route. I know almost nothing about him, except that he wears black clothing, dons a Bowler Hat and has numerous body piercings. We talked for two stops and said goodbye. In Prahran I was captured by this old building in Chapel Street and the two Eagles and gargoyles that decorated the facade.
There was something about the facade of the building that represented Joe (he's a really sweet and intelligent person), for his clothing suggests a Gothic sensibility crossed with a character from A Clockwork Orange. Anyway, I had a good day and I feel energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment