Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sandringham beach today...



I had another amazing day. Caught the tram to Chapel Street, had coffee in Greville Street and then caught the train to Sandringham. It’s only a twenty-one minute journey from Prahran to the Sandringham Station. It was sunny when I arrived and an easy five minute walk brought me to the cliffs overlooking the beach. What an incredible view, spanning to the left, right and front of me.
I walked around the top of the cliffs taking photographs and ran into these two old men leaning on the fence and looking out to sea. What was on their minds? That Sandringham was a great football team.
The cliffs were covered with bracken and beautiful wild flowers, such a breathtaking and utterly beautiful scene to behold! The sea was calm, there was a light breeze and I sat for a while an ate the cut lunch I'd prepared. Bliss!
Take a look at the colors of the rocks, seaweed and water.
I really did want to be closer to it, so next time I go I promised myself that I would walk down that long and lonely path to the sea. I'm certainly not going down that steep, weathered step.
After being near the beach for about an hour and a half I walked back into Sandrinham shopping center, looked in the local op shop, had a cool drink and checked out the accommodation options. I would definitely like to stay there overnight, just so that I can see the mood of the ocean in the very early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment