Friday, May 6, 2011

This afternoon...

Thanks to Steve I had a lovely post-birthday lunch today at a cafe in downtown Richmond . It was cold outside in the little courtyard, but the conversation was good. Whilst we were there we ran into Adem Jaffers (animator/compositor and friend of Steve's I was introduced to about five years ago) who is back in Melbourne and loving the culture, so different I believe from Queensland where he's spent the past few years. Thought I'd do a little promo for him by placing his website details here - not that he needs it, he's so talented.
I'm home now and just wanted to say that I'm disgusted that American forces shot and left behind Amal Ahmed al-Sadah, Osama Bin Laden's fifth wife, but I suppose they figured she was guilty by association and didn't warrant any medical assistance from them. Were they too busy photographing or filming the execution? Yes, I know I being emotive about this issue, but somehow perpetrating evil as revenge for past evils, does not seem right.

1 comment:

  1. Brecon said in an email message to me this morning:

    "I used to know Adem Jaffers in Experimenta and I have posted his site link to FB just now. Yeah war is a bad business and Islamo Fascisam doe not help matter one iota to put it mildly.I mean they caught Himmler in his underpants"

    ReplyDelete