Friday, April 8, 2011

Congratulations to Petra Nolan and Garry Shepherd

Congratulations to my friend Dr. (if you don't mind, brains as well as beauty) Petra Nolan, who won second prize in the 2011 AAMI Golden Slipper Day at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse in Sydney on 2 April. I must say she looked absolutely gorgeous in her red dress and stunning red hat (not sure why she didn't win!)
Congratulations are also in order for my friend Garry Shepherd (he lives in the hills so I don't see him often) whose documentary entitled Global Shuffle (2010) has been accepted for screening at a number of independent film festivals this year. My copy has just arrived in the mail and I hope to watch it tonight or tomorrow and give readers of this blog a bit of review.
I should also be congratulated because I managed to have my seasonal flu vaccine without too much drama. Well, actually, I lied. I had the injection and felt woosy, so the nurse ushered me to the bed and then I had an anxiety attack. She placed a cool, wet towel on my forehead and gave me a Chupa Chups (a sweet round lolly on a stick) and made me a hot cup of tea. I stayed on the bed for about twenty minutes, then I was allowed to leave the surgery. I've been given strict instructions to have a quite time over the next few days. So, that's what I'm going to do.

2 comments:

  1. Just of out interest the chupa chups logo was designed by Dali. And the sweet has been at times promoted as a substitute for smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting art connection there. In regards to CC's being promoted as a substitute for smoking, well, I guess you have to decide whether you want rotten teeth and diabetes or smoke related health issues.

    ReplyDelete