Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Steve will hold the fort.

Strangely enough, Lauren's email is not working today and the frames of my reading glasses have just collapsed leaving the right lens rather floppy and a reduced ability on my part to read or type.  This essentially means that Lauren will not be blogging and neither will I until I get these spectacles in good working order ~ hopefully tomorrow. In the meantime Steve will have to hold the fort. And I must say he's doing a great job. Just as well I did most of my email messages this morning and there were many because I had several conversations with the curator of the Atrium space and several with an IT person at Melbourne University who is going to assist me with the 16:9 aspect ratio essential for me to project my photographs onto two wide-screen LCD monitors. Finally, before I have to totally give up typing for the day, I should just mention that I met an artist who works at the Salvos shop in Camberwell today, her name is Enza Benincasa, and, surprise, surprise, she is a graduate of RMIT. If you are interested check out her website:
I didn't find anything at the Salvos so visited the other op-shop at the corner of Glenferrie and Riversdale Road, Hawthorn where I purchased Moroccan Modern by Hassan M'Souli, owner and chef from the Out of Africa Moroccan restaurant in Manly.  I had a look through the book in the shop and the recipes represent traditional Moroccan (المملكة المغربية, al-Mamlakah al-Maġribiyya) cuisine and a fusion between African, Mediterranium and Arab foods. I think I'll try and make the Scallops with Chive and Lemon Grass Risotto when I can see the ingredients list. OK, that's enough, it's way to difficult undertaking this with my lens wobbling and my eyes straining to see through the fingermarks that are left on the lens every time I replace it. I just love those African/Arabic scripts!

No comments:

Post a Comment