Sunday, December 12, 2010

My last blog post in nine days time

On 21 December 2009 I placed a Google Analytics tracker on my blog to see how many hits I would have in one year. In nine days time I will be making my last blog entry, which will include the final statistics. Although having a blog has been an interesting exercise, I feel that my time is best spent doing other things. Even though I will post no new ones, people will still be able to access past blog entries; in affect, the blog will have a life of its own. I may check in on it from time to time to see if it is still alive and well. My new blog will simply contain my Curriculum Vitae and maybe some photographs of artworks ~ I haven't really decided on what format it will take as yet. It's a lovely sunny morning as I write this and I look forward to meeting up with my half sister and her daughter this afternoon. I will always prefer 'in real life' interactions over virtual ones, it must have something to do with my generation. I spent the first forty six years of my life without email and Internet connection, and have only had a mobile phone for the past eight years. I must say that I saw more people when I only had a telephone. But life has changed. I often muse about the 70s and 80s when there was more a sense of community. I'm not sure about others, but I certainly had a lot more people in my life then. People actually made time to see you ~ they didn't 'catch-up' over email. I think that we may feel like we are 'connected' with social networking sites and the like, but I wonder if we are just living under an illusion of connection?

No comments:

Post a Comment