Sunday, November 28, 2010

Still raining...

Got caught in a real downpour yesterday; just as well my lovely son lives close by and was able to give me a lift home. I spent much of the afternoon reading the Stieg Larsson novel. One lone Magpie turned up around 7.45 pm last night, wet, bedraggled and crying for food. Later, I vegged out in front of the TV and watched the fantasy film, Stardust (Matthew Vaughn, 2007). I really enjoyed seeing Robert De Niro playing the role of Captain Shakespeare, a transvestite pirate. Such a contrast to the bad boy roles he had in Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Cape Fear. This morning it's back to Winter weather and it's still raining; but you won't hear any complaints from me because I absolutely love the rain. The roses are blooming and the garden is green. At least it is warmer here than it is in France! Received a postcard last week from my friends Leonie and Frank Osowski who are currently checking out Parisian art galleries and museums and attempting to 'escape the cold wind'. By the time they return to Melbourne it will probably be hot again. Unfortunately this kind of weather inhibits the whole idea of going out, but at least if I do I'll be sensible enough to take an umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment