Monday, November 8, 2010

11.08am

Waiting for the bus at Kew Junction this morning on my way to Melbourne University I became engaged in a conversation with Fr Peter Malone, Catholic Priest and film reviewer, who was off to see the latest science fiction film Monsters (Gareth Edwards, 2010). We had an interesting conversation on the bus, however, I was a little envious because, as a film reviewer he's already seen twelve films this month! How do I get this kind of gig? I'd really like to know. So, anyone out there who can tell me how to get myself onto the film reviewers list for free film previews in Melbourne - preferably at Art house cinemas, such as the Nova or Kino, I'd jump at the chance.
My meeting with the curator of the Atrium Gallery went well. The set up is a little different than I imagined, but will be ideal. I will have two separate walls on either end of an intimate space to project upon and will probably show photographs on one and text on the other. Some form of complementary experimental music would be interesting. Whatever I do, I'll have plenty of time to think about it, for the installation won't happen until March 2011. I'm going now to have a much needed cup of coffee now, so, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment