Friday, October 15, 2010

Rain

Right now, as I write this, it's raining. You know, the kind of hard, constant rain that creates a cocooning envelope around your world with comforting repetitive sounds that is so calming. I think that I am only truly happy when it's rains. I've been standing at my kitchen window looking outside. I am mesmerised by the way the leaves tremble in the wind, drops of rain sliding softly down their slippery skin. Birds, looking for food hop faster ~ their urgency is obvious. Perhaps it is our reptilian brain that makes us respond to this feeling of being safe in our cave ~ the world outside awash ~ the elements in control. Everything appears less rigid in the rain, the water casting a veil that caresses surfaces. The sky is pale and the wind is fierce now. If this continues, it will be an ideal excuse for a pyjama day.

No comments:

Post a Comment