Monday, September 13, 2010

This is one of the glorious blooms in the garden. Spring is such a beautiful time of the year; it heralds new beginnings and says goodbye to those almost unbearable cold Winter days. I'm looking forward to more daylight hours and sitting on my balcony to admire the view. And speaking about beauty and elegance, congratulations must go to my friend Dr Petra Nolan who came first runner up in the '2010 Mad about the hat day' at Rosehill Racecourse. See her photo at:
I went to the Camberwell Market yesterday and then spent the rest of the day cooking because my son and his girlfriend were coming for dinner. Later, I watched Iron Man (Jon Favreau, 2008). I hadn't seen it before and was really impressed by the CGI sequences and the way that Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jnr.) transformation into Iron Man mirrors the actual Transformer action figures, which I've loved ever since I bought them for my son in the 80s. I think if I was going to seriously collect anything it would be Transformers or robots. In the meantime, I found a couple of reasonably priced EPNS items at the Camberwell Market to add to my small collection ~ it's quite difficult walking around that second-hand market without purchasing something, even though during the move I divested myself of so many possessions. I kept thinking I'd run into someone from my past yesterday ~ maybe Kris and Rhetta Hemensley from Collected Works Bookshop, who frequent the market, but it was very crowded and sometimes you just can't see the woods for the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment