Monday, June 25, 2018

Nameless face in a landscape

Pencil & watercolor on 56 x 76 cm Moulin du Roy paper.
Julie Clarke (c) 2018
I'm happy to report that 100 people have read my view on Mike Parr's performance (according to Google Analytics on my blog site.) It was good to see that he survived his burial and also good to see that his performance was featured several times on ABC TV. I would still like to know why some indigenous folk felt that they needed to be consulted by him prior to his performance. Sure, he read or at least had a copy of The Fatal Shore with him underground, but beyond that I don't really see the significance of his performance in relation to indigenous culture. Perhaps it was simply that vital parts of our history have been buried? Anyway, I finally began a new drawing pictured above and yes, it has quite a light, soft feel to the nameless, face in the landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment