Friday, August 18, 2017

Trip to Eltham

Old trestle bridge. Photo: Julie Clarke (c) 2017
On Tuesday having walked to the Museum of Victoria and seen the indoor forest (many of the paths were cordoned off due to high wind), I decided to take a train trip on Wednesday to beautiful Eltham. I walked from the station to the library and inquired about visiting Montsalvat (the artist's colony). I would have had to wait over 30 minutes for the bus and then it would have been a 21 minute ride on top of my 45 minute trip from West Richmond Station.  I decided instead to walk around the general environs of Eltham, including Alistair Knox Park, a massive undulating area with a myriad of birds, wood ducks and dense trees. I fell in love with the old Eltham Rail Trestle bridge and Eltham Library, with its many tiered roof and gorgeous verandas.
View of  Alistair Knox Park. Photo: Julie Clarke (c) 2017




This pipe appeared to be important, perhaps it was old? And this sculpture was majestic in the landscape. Sorry, but I forgot to take down the name of the artist.
It was a very cold day and I'd walked around for over two hours, so had lunch in the Eltham shopping centre and then headed home. I had a break yesterday and went to the Kino Cinema to see The Dark Tower, which I enjoyed.  More adventures with train travel hopefully next week......

No comments:

Post a Comment