Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Influenza

I've had influenza for the past four weeks and I can tell you I've been the sickest I've been for about fifteen years. The persistent high temperature (38.8) and body pain was just terrible. Plodding on was not the way to go and yet that is what I did. I think sometimes I'm my own worst enemy. During this sickness and just prior to me having the 2017 influenza vaccine (which made me feel absolutely dreadful for two days) my doctor detected a heart murmur, so off I went for an Echocardiogram and then waited anxiously throughout Easter wondering what all of this meant. I found out yesterday that the murmur is benign, meaning that it was not caused by the flu virus and it is not exerting any influence on my heart. It's also considered trivial, which was such a relief. I still don't feel one hundred percent, but imagine this will be my state of being since the cold weather is beginning to set in and I never really feel well in Winter. My birthday is on Saturday and I'm grateful that my high temperature, which I had four days in a row is finally back to normal. I have a few hours tutoring before the end of the week, but for the moment I'm going back outside to enjoy the sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie

    Glad you are feeling better after the flu. Happy Birthday for last Saturday. I too have a heart murmur ( found out about 2 years ago ) , also no problem. I get my DNA results about general ethnic background in about a month, I will let you know how it goes. love Lauren

    ReplyDelete