Saturday, December 12, 2015

Looking at Turner

I've done so many transparent glazes in this acrylic painting that it looks to me like it was executed with watercolor.  I've called it 'Looking at Turner' and it is, of course, inspired by his 1830 oil painting entitled 'The Evening Star', dimensions 91.1 x 122.6 cm, a painting quite a lot larger than my painting below, which is 40 X 50 cm. The colors on my original painting are not as bright as this digital reproduction, but you get the idea. I'm not sure where I'll go from here. Perhaps I should just have a rest - Christmas and all that, and then proceed as one does. I am hoping to do another blog entry before Christmas, until then...
Looking at Turner. Acrylic painting on stretched canvas. Julie Clarke (c) 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment