Saturday, May 9, 2015

More hand gestures, or There's life in the old girl yet #4

Hand gestures. Photo: Julie Clarke (c) 2015
I've been experimenting with 'curve' adjustment in Photoshop, which basically allows me to change the tonal quality of the colors in a photograph. Also, I haven't made a collage for over two decades so I've begun cutting out interesting objects and elements from glossy magazines. This, plus the fact that I've been (again) looking at the art of Hieronymus Bosch may mean that I will produce some interesting chimaeras, though hopefully not too monstrous. Every time I look at this self-portrait (above) I think of Gloria Swanson in the 1950s film Sunset Boulevard, and that amazing final scene as Norma Desmond, fading film star walks down the stars. Salome I am not, but hand gestures really interest me.
Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond. http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Norma_Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment