Saturday, February 8, 2014

Photomontage with scarf and moon

I hope you are all enjoying these photomontages as much as I am whilst doing them. There's been what I would definitely call a heat wave in Melbourne for the past few weeks, although I don't know that the Bureau of Meterology would classify the high temperatures as such; even so, I try to make these images in the cool early hours, beginning at around 5am in the morning. I like the quiet of the morning and all I can really hear is the Magpies crying. Their sound has been a constant in my life for the past four years both here and when I lived in Hawthorn. I should tell you that I generally don't have anything too specific in mind when I make these works, however yesterday my intention when talking my self-portrait was to create a homage to Man Ray, but in the end this image reminds me more of  Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring (1995), probably because I'm wearing earrings and a scarf. The background, believe it or not, is NOT the sun, but a photograph I took several weeks ago of the very bright moon.
Julie Clarke (c) 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment