Sunday, March 3, 2013

EPHEMERAL SKIN IMAGES + JULIE CLARKE 2013

EPHEMERAL SKIN by Julie Clarke
Skin Gallery, 2013

The first images #1- #7 were taken especially for this exhibition, however photographs #8- #23 were included in a previous exhibition entitled Aut(o)ptics(o)ma. Each of the photographs are close up images of different parts of my skin and include, my wrist/fingers/hand, part of my face/eye/mouth/lips/tongue/veins under tongue, neck, knees, thigh, feet/ankles/toes, arm/breast. The images are thumbnails and are not clickable. If you would like to see the larger images please visit my exhibition at Level 1, 80 Drummond Street, Carlton between the hours of 9AM to 5PM Monday to Friday until 28 March. For my artist statement please click here. Note that after my Aut(o)ptics(o)ma exhibition last year, Beornn McCarthy, the curator, suggested that my work was like that suggested in Lyotard's essay 'The Great Ephemeral Skin'. For an excerpt from Jean-François Lyotard's 'libidinal skin' click here.

My most recent paintings and drawings entitled *Night Sports*, completed in April may be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment