Sunday, January 27, 2013

Organic

One of the most productive features of being on Face Book is that you get feedback from friends and sometimes they make interesting connections to ideas or images you've posted. This is what happened yesterday when I posted the composite image I'd made of the two moons. It had reminded a friend of a book she had read  by the Japanese writer Haruki Murakami. The title of the book is 1Q84 and is described thus: This is the real world, there is no doubt about that. But in this world there are two moons in the sky. I purchased a copy from Readings Bookshop in Hawthorn and have read to page 93. It was a cooler day than we've had of late so it was easy for me to be out for a short while and return home and just sit and read. I've made another composite image from three separate photographs I took yesterday. They could be biological, viral, bacterial or even sea creatures, however, each image is of bird's excrement, a common sight on our footpaths, but interesting to me because of the different shapes made when the liquid matter hits the ground. Of course, the droppings are usually white but I've colored them purely for aesthetic reasons. And, talking about color here is a Blue-winged wasp that I found half-dead on the footpath. I'm in awe of the color of i'ts wings and their intricate design. This one has been added to my small collection of insects, which I have been collecting over the past twenty years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment