Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cold and windy...

I certainly wasn't the only one struggling in 15 degree temperature and a very cold 37 km/h wind today, but since I've had a sore right knee and hip for about six weeks I decided I should see a doctor for a diagnosis. My doctor sent me for x-rays of both this afternoon and I'll get the report early next week. In the meantime I'm to stay on pain-killers for the next few days and try (Ha!) to stop walking. Don't think I'll be doing that because I love walking and going out, although, having said that it was quite difficult attempting to keep the umbrella up in the wind, whilst it was raining this morning. What a contrast from yesterday's weather. My poor Magpies (including two baby ones) arrived for their morning bread all bedraggled from the wet and I wanted to pick them up in my arms and comfort them, but of course that just can't be done.

2 comments:

  1. Cold today again and rainy here, maybe resting up in the warm will do some good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rugged up and went to Malvern shopping centre, hadn't been there for ages - it was a precinct I frequented when my son was a baby as we lived in Armadale. I found a lovely charity shop and bought some 1940's earrings and an unusual pendant. I didn't really notice the cold as I was in and out of shops and walking. I came home and attempted to paper fold (Origami)some animals, with some beautiful Japanese paper squares that I also bought at a shop in Malvern - minor success. Last time I attempted Origami was about 30 years ago - I still have the book I bought back then, dated 1980. So, you can see that I measured my day with some physical and less than physical activity.

    ReplyDelete