Saturday, October 20, 2012

Orchestra Victoria...

Heard an amazing performance by Orchestra Victoria at the Great Hall at the National Gallery of Victoria, St. Kilda Road yesterday afternoon. The pieces played were Arnold, Malcolm A Sussex Overture (1951), Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis, Elgar, Edward Concerto, Violoncello op. 85, E min. The orchestra was conducted by Warwick Stengards and it was the Australian debut of 17 year old soloist Santiago CaƱon Valencia, on Cello. It was amazing and the cellist received a standing ovation. I always cry when I hear the Vaughan Williams piece and yesterday was no different. Just a note to regular readers who know how much I love the Magpies that visit my place. It was the first time this week that I saw the two new baby Magpies, which were obviously born in August. True to form they are screaming at their parents for food and I'm the one that goes running inside to get bread to feed them. I'm certainly well trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment