Sunday, August 12, 2012

Reminder to those who make comments...

It's nice to receive comments, but this is reminder to readers that if you make a comment and include a link to your own website, Blogger will automatically place your comment in SPAM and it won't show up on this blog. So, it is pointless attempting to use this blog as a vehicle to advertise your own wares. 
Here are answers to some of the questions readers have asked: Yes, it does take some time to write this blog, anywhere from 15 minutes per day to a few hours depending upon how much I write or whether or not I include images. No, I can't advise you how to remove email messages that you receive if you have established a feed to my site. I have limited technical ability when it comes to HTML, I am familiar with the tools on the blog and that's about all. Although I am affiliated with the University of Melbourne, my thoughts are not intended to reflect or represent the University. I am writing as an independent person, with my own ideas. Most of the writing is considered opinion unless I post an academic article, in which case I cite my sources. No, I am not paid, nor have a grant or any other money to write this blog. I do it in the spirit of sharing. Yes, I have archived some of the material I have written on this blog - mainly the film, exhibition and book reviews. I am happy if another organization wants to archive the blog in its totality, but if doing so, I would like to be advised. I don't mind if you place a link on your site to one of my blog posts as long as you state where you acquired the material, after all, I am the content provider and should be acknowledged as such. All of the images and writing are copyright to Julie Clarke, unless otherwise stated on the blog post. I hope this answers your questions on this cold Melbourne Sunday morning.

3 comments:

  1. One of the pleasure of blogging and commenting on others' blogs is the ability to share links and information: all links are not SPAM.

    Your blog, your decision, obviously: I just think it's incredibly limiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be true, but I only get comments with links to headache cures, money lenders, sex toy manufacturers, guys who like other guys, car sales, healthy diet, internet marketing tools, herbal medicine, new mum clothes,which are just some examples. Also, blogger places these kind of web links in SPAM because it help avoid Malware and I'm happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's a grand list of examples... oh my... it is.

    ReplyDelete