Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Shadows

Lucky me had great conversation and lovely lunch out yesterday with friends Vikki Sinnot and Charles Strebor (visiting Melbourne from the Northern Territory). After they left my place mid afternoon, I noticed this amazing shadow on my kitchen door. Just as well I took the photo because the shadow disappeared soon after. I posted it on face book and Aliey Ball likened it to Louise Bourgeois Spiral Woman.  I thought I'd post it here, along with a couple of other shadow photos I've taken.
2.46pm. Shadow. Julie Clarke 2012
http://www.icaboston.org/photo-album/bourgeois/view-photo?image_id=740001  
  



3.49 pm. Another shadow from yesterday. Julie Clarke 2012
5.21 pm on 28 December 2011. Julie Clarke 2012
29 December 2011. Julie Clarke
I notice shadows, but don't always take photos of them unless I think they are interesting. I love the one I took on 28 December last year it looks like an elongated heart, something fetal or evolving, whereas the one taken the day after reminds me of drawings in a cave.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shadow images and I do so Aliey's comparison.

    ReplyDelete