Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday morning

I haven't made a post over the past few days because I've been attempting to write applications for two separate grants to the Australia Council Literature Board, all the while dealing with slow loading pages with my dial up Internet connection. Also, I've tried very hard to persist with my reading of James Joyce's Ulysses, which again is slow going, not because I'm not enjoying it, but because whilst I read I am reminded of my desire to write and so my mind is distracted and goes off in all directions. I find myself, like I did yesterday, just being content to make pumpkin scones and have a visit from my son. I've found over past few weeks that plans like digging up the veggie path and planting seedlings that will be productive this Winter has totally flown out the window amidst days of rain or weather so cold that I really don't want to be out in the garden aggravating my arthritis. Anyway, I find that the most read posts on my blog are reviews of films, books or exhibitions, so I think I've decided that I'll limit these personal posts and concentrate more on what interests the readers, although of course, from time to time I'll make a post like this. Until then, back to those applications.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I'm trying to contact Steve Middleton in regards to a virtual reality music video I'm hoping to make as The Bedroom Philosopher. If he is interested and able to contact me, I can be found at laptopping (at) bedroomphilosopher (dot) com.
    Thanks,
    Justin.

    ReplyDelete