Monday, March 5, 2012

Can't think of a title (but I guess this IS a title)

This is the view of the gathering clouds from my balcony at 6.30 last night. It looked like it was going to rain but didn't.The photograph doesn't really capture the glory of the sunlight hitting the tops of distant trees that line the park. Yesterday I signed the lease on this unit for another year, so decided to take stock of the garden, in particular, I pulled out the variegated Geranium bush that had been smothering the roses. It was difficult to remove because it's roots ran deep, however I managed to get the whole thing out and now that part of the garden looks a lot neater. Erin dropped by and we ate some of the chocolate cake I'd made in the morning. I think it was the first chocolate cake I'd made in years with chocolate powder rather than 70% real chocolate, but it tasted good all the same. I realized yesterday that I yearn for the sea, the moods of ocean waves, the great expanse of water, the wonderful feeling of sitting on the beach and watching ships far away on the horizon. The absolute solace. I haven't been to the beach in ages and really must make the journey before the weather gets too much colder.

No comments:

Post a Comment