Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blog stats and commentary

This blog is currently receiving over 4,000 visitors per month and there are 17,837 external links to my site. I've written over 800 posts on this blog over the past two years and here are statistics for the posts that have received over 200 hits. Note that many more people may have read them, the counter only records when a person enters the site. They could read many more entries after they enter, however, it is only their first entry which is recorded:

1,275 Prosh: Dots and a dash– probably viewed mostly by University students interested in naked University students 'mucking up', although I did place pasties over their private parts.
843 Rebecca Skloot’s book The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks – Her book is a ‘best seller’, though I've yet to discover how her book has helped the Lacks family from their obvious exploitation by the medical industry.
823 Andrew Bolt/Bindi Cole– one of the outcomes of my provocative article is that Caroline Overington, journalist from The Australian contacted me after she read it. She wanted to know if I had contact details for ‘Black Steam Train’ one of those who commented on the entry. I don't, however, she managed to track him down and is doing an interview with him, which will be published soon. I hope to provide a link on the blog.
527 Shannon Bell’s book Fast Feminism. Professor Shannon Bell (Canada) is one of Stelarc’s ex-girlfriends who I met about seven years ago when she visited Australia. The line I remember mostly from my meeting with her is ‘that Australian women are so tough!’ Gosh, do you think she was talking about me?
525 My Sex Robot: Gynoid Revisited - sex features in the top hits on the blog and this one about a guy with a blow up doll I compared to the film 'Lars and the Real Girl'.
494 An Awkward Toy: Stelarc’s Third Hand. Most of these observations were written when I was undertaking my postgraduate diploma.
440 Rob Mueck exhibition.
343 European Masters exhibition.
300 The Waiting City (film)- what a kerfuffle this caused because it was a spoiler.
340 people have read the page about me, simply called Julie Joy Clarke
267 Murray McKeich’s exhibition pzombie. I wrote this review years ago after meeting and seeing Murray’s exhibition.
218 This Earthly Plane: Bill Viola
214 My own exhibition Aut(o)pticsoma
211 Jon Cattapan’s exhibition at Sutton Gallery. Jon Cattapan was one of my painting lecturers when I was at RMIT (1989-91). I’ve always appreciated his work.
205 Artificially Produced Evolution: Patricia Piccinin: did most of the research for this article when I was undertaking my PhD. I met Patricia only a few times.
What is your favorite post? I'd love to hear from readers if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment