Friday, February 11, 2011

The Body and the City

Rather loud and frightening whip-lash lightning crackle directly above my place last night before the torrential rain, but by then I was already way too tired to care.
Very busy yesterday, but now, thanks to Mark, the second DVD for my installation is ready and we have only to test it in the space next week. Several readings and editing sessions later and Francesco's essay is nearly finished. I've designed the invitation (which will be emailed out on Monday) and A3 signage, now have only to make and print the brochure to accompany my installation, The Body and The City: a poem in three parts, which will be open for public viewing from Friday 4 until 25 March at the Atrium Annex Gallery, Architecture Building at The University of Melbourne (Gallery hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). Although I've been in group exhibitions this is the first time in a decade that I've shown any of my work on mass, so I'm a little excited and a little apprehensive.
It rained again this morning and as usual several sets of Magpies have visited. One announced itself with a glorious warble that made me go running to greet it. At least the rain has cool down the air, the birds are singing and I feel quiet and content. But that won't last because I have domestic duties today and an upcoming busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment