Friday, November 19, 2010

Balance

The three baby Magpies that had been visiting me for the past few months, disappeared last Saturday and returned last night around 7.30pm. I was missing their amusing antics. This morning only two came to visit. They're in the garden looking for insects and playfully fighting with each other over bits that they find. I think it's important to notice these little things happening around us. I know that many people are so over-whelmed by work commitments that they don't have time or won't make time to look at the clouds moving across the sky or small buds blooming in the garden. I'm so lucky to have the time to notice and appreciate the changes in passing seasons. I wish this for everyone because I think the world would be a happier place. I have little on my plate today ~ some domestic duties, a visit to my osteopath and perhaps some reading. The painting I began days ago, still unfinished, leans against the wall on my small mantle-piece. It's a reminder of things yet to do. I need goals, but I'm happy to put them aside to live life spontaneously. I suppose that balance is the key?

No comments:

Post a Comment