Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The universe is conspiring in my favor

I'm aching all over because I've been bending over to pick up books and other things, moving boxes, cleaning, walking back and forth to the bin and generally using my body to the extreme. I've booked a session with my osteopath for Friday afternoon, perhaps that will help. I suspect though that I've done some horrible injury to my spine, which feels atrocious. Please excuse me for venting in this way but this space is one avenue in which I can do it without alienating my friends, who have their own problems to deal with. I was thinking today as I was relaxing between chores that we are all, from time to time, tested to the extreme, and it is at those times that we have to draw upon our inner strength in order to come through on the other side. The way that we handle the situation is important. Many times over the past three weeks I've just wanted to throw my hands into the air and give up, but I'm not a quitter. I wouldn't have achieved anything in my life if I'd collapsed in a heap when things went awry, though believe me there were times recently when I could have curled into a ball and cried my eyes out. Dramatic? Yes. But now, with just over 48 hours to the move and most of my possessions packed I can see that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel! Writing always consoles me and at this time, as at other times, I'm grateful that I can use words to express the way I feel. More pain killers and a little more rest and all will be well. The borg in Star Trek: First Contact advise Picard that 'resistance is futile' and this is the way I have felt of late, so, rather than resist I've given myself over to what is happening in my life. It's been virtually out of my hands and so I surrender to what life has presented to me, knowing all the while that ultimately the universe is conspiring in my favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment