Friday, July 30, 2010

A quiet day

Only one person other than myself was waiting at CCP at 11am this morning to view the Kodak Salon 2010 photography exhibition (apparently there were hundreds there last night at the Opening). So, Andrew, a young painter and myself walked around the 350 or so photographs, made some serious and not so serious comments, voted in the 'people's choice award' and then exchanged each other's website url's. I should say that there was an immense diversity of subject matter and the mass hang of different sized photographs actually looked quite good. Unfortunately, I had to inform CCP staff that they had left the 'e' off the end of my surname ~ I assured them that others (indeed many) had made this mistake in the past. They assured me that they would re-do the little tag underneath my work. Not much else to report on this quiet day, except that the afternoon sunshine in Melbourne was welcome and my symptoms were tolerable. Little blades of grass have appeared over-night in the garden beds alongside the building ~ I guess that means that Spring is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment