Friday, April 23, 2010

this morning

It's a white sky Melbourne morning, the day after my birthday ~ what a wonderful day it was. On my way to my friends place to have lunch yesterday, I stopped off in Collins Street to have a look at Red Fragments ~ a beautiful red wall that most people just walked past. The small sign that describes the source of blood fragments used in the artwork is posted just around the corner of the painting. I didn't bother taking photos ~ I stopped, looked and walked on. I suppose if we see something often enough we learn to ignore it, it's only when you slow down that you begin to notice things that were always there but just hadn't registered in your field of vision. Yesterday I slowed down and in slowing down, I absorbed the conversation between myself and the world. I can truly say the universe is conspiring in my favour!

No comments:

Post a Comment